The History of the Guest house



The first real shelter on the Okraj Pass was built at the beginning of the 19th century. It was a small wooden shelter built by Czech Karol Nagel the Napoleon wars' combatant. He also propagated in all the Karkonosze region downhill rides with a famous "Horn Sledge". The first route was 7 km long and led from the Okraj Pass to Kowary. In 1922 it was the time when the first Silesian (German) brick object was built.Its name was Schlesische Grenzbaude. There was also a youth hostel called Storchennest (Stork Nest).. It was a one floor house with a steep gable roof. The north wing contained bedrooms and a dining room. All was kept in the traditional style. There was also a post office inside. The building was destroyed in 1964 when the border pass was bulit. There was also another building just opposite, it was probably an old customs office. After the war in 1945 in the old inn was opened a mountain guesthouse " Na Rubieży" later called "Muflonik" In 1975 in the place of the old shelter there is a tourist base with 28 beds. Today the old inn and the tourist base are the Guest house "Na przełęczy Okraj" (At the Okraj Pass).